Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Danger! Danger! High Voltage!


Just as with You Tube, I've been visiting Flickr for quite a while. I haven't gotten to posting pics of my own, but I've found tons of other pics. I tend to visit photo pools of cute animals (especially tuxedo cats) and photostreams sent to my by friends. The craziest stream I've seen is "30 Ways to Die of Electrocution" (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bre/sets/72157611077138836/), old illustrations from a German book (circa 1930's) called Elektroschutz. The pictures were scanned and presented by Fickr user Bre Pettis, who has a blog here: http://brepettis.com/blog These pics are so bizarre that they're funny, as seen in the above example.

3 comments:

  1. Natalie - awesome picture - neat stuff. Way to go posting a picture on your blog! Just to let you know - you can create a very 'pretty' looking link on your blog posts by highlighting the text that you'd like to serve as the link, clicking on the 'link' button (which is right next to the font color button on the editing toolbar on your blog; it's a little globe with a chain link) and then pasting the web address in there, and your text will be a pretty little hyper-link. Ta-daaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and your tagging your posts too - rock ON!

    ReplyDelete