Monday, July 13, 2009

Smoke on the Water and Fire in the Fox

So, I tried the Firefox browser, and I have to say, it isn't half bad. I was already familiar with tabs from using IE 7 and 8, and I really like using CTRL+ and CTRL- to enlarge and decrease the overall page or text only. As for some of the add-ons in the list, I think some aren't that big of a deal. StumbleUpon or Personas aren't very important for me. AdBlock, however, is pretty darn cool. It's definitely one of those apps wherein you notice its absence rather than presence. For now, I'm gonna stick with IE 7 and 8 because it's used by so many sites, but Firefox is a contender. Also, cute red foxy is cute.

Oh, and I nearly forgot, one thing I like about IE 8 that Firefox doesn't seem to have is, when I open a new tab in 8, it shows several thumbnails of the pages I've visited the most. Then all I have to do is click on the thumbnail to get to the site. Perhaps there is an add-on for that, but IE 8 does it automatically, so bit of a win there, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment